Welcome to the AVERT CANCER Web site (the “Site”). This Agreement contains the terms and conditions upon which you (“you” or “the user”) may access and use the valuable information and services available through the Site. We may modify this Agreement at any time, and such modification will be effective 30 days after either posting of the modified Agreement or notification to you. You agree to review this Agreement periodically to ensure that you are aware of any modifications. Your continued access or use of the Site shall be deemed your conclusive acceptance of the modified Agreement.
The materials (“Materials”) contained in the Site are provided by AVERT CANCERand may be used for informational purposes only.
1. License. THE CONTENTS OF THIS SITE, INCLUDING ITS “LOOK AND FEEL” (E.G., TEXT, GRAPHICS, IMAGES, LOGOS, AND BUTTON ICONS), EDITORIAL CONTENT, NOTICES, SOFTWARE (INCLUDING HTML-BASED COMPUTER PROGRAMS) AND OTHER MATERIAL, ARE PROTECTED UNDER BOTH UNITED STATES AND FOREIGN COPYRIGHT, TRADEMARK, AND OTHER LAWS. These contents belong or are licensed to AVERT CANCER. We hereby grant you the right to view and use this Site subject to the terms and conditions of this Agreement. You may download and/or print a copy of the information provided in this Site for your internal use only. Permission to reprint or electronically reproduce any document or graphic in whole or in part for any other purpose is expressly prohibited, unless prior written consent is obtained from the respective copyright holder(s). You may contact us at the address indicated at the end of this Agreement. In any event, you agree not to modify, amend, reduce the size of or in any way obliterate any warnings, liability limitations, and disclosures or notices (including any copyright or trademark notice) associated with the information.
In turn, you grant us a non-exclusive, royalty-free license to use any content you post on the Site for any purpose, subject to the express terms of this Agreement.
WE DO NOT AUTHORIZE OTHER WEB SITES TO LINK TO THIS SITE WITHOUT OUR PRIOR PERMISSION. Please contact us at the address indicated at the end of this Agreement should you wish to effect such a link.
3. Your Conduct.
(a) Notwithstanding anything to the contrary in this Agreement, using or attempting to use any engine, software, tool, agent, or other device or mechanism (including without limitation browsers, spiders, robots, avatars or intelligent agents) to navigate or search this Site other than the search engines and search agents available from AVERT CANCER on this Site and other than generally available third-party web browsers (such as Netscape Communicator or Microsoft Explorer) is prohibited.
(b) You may not attempt to decipher, decompile, disassemble, or reverse-engineer any of the software comprising or in any way making up a part of the Site.
4. Warranty Disclaimer. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE IS PROVIDED “AS IS.” YOU EXPRESSLY ACKNOWLEDGE THAT YOUR ACCESS OR USE OF THE INFORMATION IS AT YOUR SOLE RISK. THE INFORMATION ON THIS SITE MAY BE COMPILED FROM VARIOUS THIRD-PARTY CONTENT PROVIDERS (“PROVIDERS”). AVERT CANCERAND ITS PROVIDERS MAKE NO REPRESENTATIONS OR ENDORSEMENT ABOUT THE SUITABILITY FOR ANY PURPOSE OF PRODUCTS AND SERVICES AVAILABLE THROUGH THE SITE. OUR PROVIDERS AND WE DO NOT GUARANTEE THE TIMELINESS, VALIDITY, COMPLETENESS OR ACCURACY OF INFORMATION MADE AVAILABLE TO YOU FOR ANY PARTICULAR PURPOSE. WE AND OUR PROVIDERS DISCLAIM ALL WARRANTIES AND CONDITIONS, EITHER EXPRESS OR IMPLIED, INCLUDING, BUT NOT LIMITED TO, IMPLIED WARRANTIES OF MERCHANTABILITY, FITNESS FOR A PARTICULAR PURPOSE, TITLE, AND NON-INFRINGEMENT, WITH REGARD TO THE PRODUCTS, SERVICES AND INFORMATION CONTAINED ON OR MADE AVAILABLE THROUGH THIS SITE, INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO THE AVAILABILITY OF THIS SITE, LACK OF VIRUSES, WORMS, TROJAN HORSES OR OTHER CODE THAT MANIFEST CONTAMINATING OR DESTRUCTIVE PROPERTIES, OR ANY FAILURE TO PROVIDE ACCESS TO THE SITE. ALTHOUGH OUR PROVIDERS OR WE MAY UPDATE THE CONTENT ON THIS SITE FROM TIME TO TIME, PLEASE NOTE THAT MEDICAL INFORMATION CHANGES RAPIDLY. THEREFORE, SOME OF THE INFORMATION MAY BE OUT OF DATE AND/OR MAY CONTAIN INACCURACIES OR TYPOGRAPHICAL ERRORS.
5. Waiver, Release and Limitation of Liability. YOU AGREE THAT NEITHER AVERT CANCER, NOR ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS SHALL HAVE ANY LIABILITY TO YOU UNDER ANY THEORY OF LIABILITY OR INDEMNITY ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE SITE. YOU HEREBY RELEASE AND FOREVER WAIVE ANY AND ALL CLAIMS YOU MAY HAVE AGAINST AVERT CANCER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS (INCLUDING BUT NOT LIMITED TO CLAIMS BASED UPON THE NEGLIGENCE OF AVERT CANCER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS) FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES YOU SUSTAIN ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE SITE.
6. Survivability of Limitation of Liability. NOTWITHSTANDING THE FOREGOING PARAGRAPH, BECAUSE SOME JURISDICTIONS DO NOT ALLOW THE EXCLUSION OR LIMITATION OF LIABILITY TO THE FULL EXTENT DESCRIBED ABOVE, THESE LIMITATIONS MAY NOT APPLY TO YOU. IF THIS LIMITATION OF LIABILITY OR EXCLUSION OF WARRANTY IS HELD TO BE INVALID OR UNENFORCEABLE FOR ANY REASON, THE MAXIMUM COLLECTIVE LIABILITY OF AVERT CANCER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, AND AGENTS, IF ANY, FOR LOSSES OR DAMAGES SHALL NOT EXCEED $500. IN NO EVENT SHALL AVERT CANCER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS BE LIABLE TO YOU FOR ANY LOSSES OR DAMAGES GREATER THAN THE AMOUNT REFERRED TO ABOVE. ALL OTHER DAMAGES, DIRECT OR INDIRECT, SPECIAL, INCIDENTAL, CONSEQUENTIAL OR PUNITIVE ARISING OUT OF OR RELATING TO USE OF THE SYSTEM ARE HEREBY EXCLUDED EVEN IF AVERT CANCER, ITS OFFICERS, DIRECTORS, EMPLOYEES, OR AGENTS HAVE BEEN ADVISED OF THE POSSIBILITY OF SUCH DAMAGES.
7. Disclaimer of Liability for Service Interruption. NEITHER AVERT CANCER, NOR ANY OF ITS AFFILIATES, DIRECTORS, OFFICERS, EMPLOYEES, AGENTS, OR ANY PROVIDER OR THIRD-PARTY VENDOR WILL BE LIABLE OR HAVE ANY RESPONSIBILITY OF ANY KIND FOR ANY LOSS OR DAMAGE THAT YOU INCUR IN THE EVENT OF ANY FAILURE OR INTERRUPTION OF THE SYSTEM, OR RESULTING FROM THE ACT OR OMISSION OF ANY OTHER PARTY INVOLVED IN MAKING THIS SYSTEM OR THE DATA CONTAINED THEREIN AVAILABLE TO YOU, OR FROM ANY OTHER CAUSE RELATING TO YOUR ACCESS TO OR YOUR INABILITY TO ACCESS THE SYSTEM OR THESE MATERIALS, WHETHER OR NOT THE CIRCUMSTANCES GIVING RISE TO SUCH CAUSE MAY HAVE BEEN WITHIN THE CONTROL OF AVERT CANCER OR OF ANY VENDOR PROVIDING SOFTWARE OR SERVICES SUPPORT.
8. Third Party Rights. The provisions of paragraphs 7, 8 and 9 apply for the benefit of AVERT CANCER and its officers, directors, employees, and agents. Each of these individuals or entities shall have the right to assert and enforce those provisions directly against you on its own behalf.
9. Right To Terminate. AVERT CANCER shall have the right to terminate your ability to use or access the Site at any time without notice to you.
(a) You agree that no joint venture, partnership, employment, or agency relationship exists between AVERT CANCER and you as a result of this Agreement or your use of the Site.
(b) Any cause of action or claim you may have with respect to AVERT CANCER must be commenced within one (1) year after the claim or cause of action arises.
(c) AVERT CANCER’s failure to insist upon or enforce strict performance of any provision of this Agreement shall not be construed as a waiver of any provision or right.
(d) AVERT CANCER may assign its rights and duties under this Agreement to any party at any time without notice to you.
11. Governing Law and Forum. This Agreement shall be governed by and construed in accordance with the laws of the State of California, without regard to its provisions relating to conflicts of law. You agree that any legal action or proceeding between AVERT CANCER and you for any purpose concerning this Agreement or the parties’ obligations hereunder shall be brought exclusively in a court of competent jurisdiction sitting in Los Angeles, California, United States of America. In light of the nature of this Agreement, you understand and agree that money damages may be insufficient to rectify breach and that; consequently, AVERT CANCER will be entitled to seek preliminary and equitable relief upon a breach of the Agreement by you.
12. Entire Agreement. This Agreement comprises the full and final understanding between you and AVERT CANCER and merges and supersedes any and all other agreements, understandings or representations, written or oral, with respect to the subject matter hereof. The Agreement may not be modified except by a writing (in paper or electronic form) signed by you and by an authorized representative of AVERT CANCER , and referring specifically to this Agreement. Neither the course of conduct between the parties nor trade practice shall act to modify any provision of this Agreement.
13. Severability. The provisions of this Agreement are severable, and in the event any provision hereof is determined to be invalid or unenforceable for any reason, such invalidity or unenforceability shall not in any way affect the validity or enforceability of the remaining provisions.
14. Notice to You. AVERT CANCER may deliver notice to you under this Agreement by means of electronic mail, a general notice on the Site, or by written communication delivered by first-class U.S. mail to your address on record with AVERT CANCER as part of your registration information.
15. Contacting Us. To contact us with any questions or concerns in connection with this Agreement, or to provide any notices under this Agreement, please go to Contact Us.
Our Privacy Commitment To Users
Please do not include any medical, personal or confidential information in your comments. Comments are encouraged; however AVERT CANCER reserves the right to moderate comments on pages and related social networks as necessary to prevent medical, personal and confidential information from being posted on this site. In addition, AVERT CANCER will remove all spam, personal attacks, profanity, and off-topic commentary. Comments containing advertisements about goods or services or announcements about news or events that are not related to topics will be removed.
1. We believe that you have the right to understand how your information is stored and used. We require that sites linked to our Site contain a notice identifying their privacy policies.
2. You have the right, upon reasonable notice, to view your registration information and make any corrections that are necessary. You also have the right, subject to otherwise applicable law to request that your registration information be removed from our system upon termination of your registration.
Opt-Out, Access, and Security
1. If you do not wish to receive offers or other notices from us, you can “opt out” by contacting us at the address indicated at the end of this policy. In addition, if you provide us with PII, you will always have the option of requesting that the PII be removed from our system by contacting us at the address indicated at the end of this policy. You have the further right, upon reasonable notice, to view your registration information and make any corrections that are necessary.
2. We use industry-standard, established security measures in place in our physical facilities and in our computer systems, databases, and communications networks that are designed reasonably to protect information contained within our systems from loss, misuse or alteration.
2. However, we are not responsible for maintaining the confidentiality of any non-public information that you provide us. If there is information that you wish to protect from disclosure to others, do not provide it to us.
If you have any questions or suggestions with respect to this policy, or if you wish to ask us to delete, correct, or show you your information as provided above, please go to Contact Us.